Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Know for its taste and gorgeous colour, papaya's leaves are a super-healing natural ingredient as well. Papaya leaves contain the papain enzyme, which is a rich source of immune-boosting antioxidants. This is what is used in the papaya skincare that you buy. We've a very easy DIY papaya recipe to make your own nourishing lip balm. This soothes the roughest lips!
Our DIY lip balm features beautiful papaya extract that, when mixed with the other moistuizing ingredients, helps to create a lip balm that is nourishing, organic and smells increible.
- 4 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbs Shea Butter
- 1 Tbs Beeswax, shaved
- 4 Drops Papaya Extract
- A small container or empty lip balm tube
- Using a pan of hot water & a Pyrex jug, mix the coconut oil, shea butter & beeswax gently over heat.
- Mix gently until all of the solids melt, stirring continously.
- Mix in the papaya drops.
- Pour mixture into small container and place in the fridge for an hour or two until consistency hardens.
- You now have beautiful DIY Papaya Lip Balm.
Disclaimer: This information and content does not replace that advice of a dermatologist or medical advice. Please seek medical advice if you suspect that you have a dermal condition.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links come at no extra cost to you. These links allow us to share the products we authentically recommend (and use) and support our recipes by receiving a small commission.
I get a lot of my ingredients from Amazon and use Prime, which gives me free & speedy delivery on a lot of items plus access to Prime Video! A favourite in our house. Try Prime for free for 30 days by signing up here and avail of items that are delivered for free.