Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Cleansing balms have been around for a long time, but are having something of a moment recently and with good reason! They are a really lovely way to introduce some luxury into your skincare routine while completing an everyday function.
A cleansing balm easily melts away all of your make up, even the toughest of cosmetics sweep off with ease with a cleansing balm. It is important to say that it can be used on any kind of face, one with or without make up, I use it on my no make up days too as it leaves my skin feeling nourished and supple. Cleansing on your no make up days is key to wash off dirt and grime build up that you can't see with the naked eye. It also is important to cleanse before applying your nighttime treatments like serums, night creams etc. If you can't wait to try out this gorgeous step, then here's a simple make your own Vanilla Cleansing Balm recipe to help you make your own balm at home.
Vanilla is a favourite scent of mine, but this can be changed if you prefer something else or want a specialist ingredient. Vanilla is also a great skin ingredient, its antimicrobial effects can help cleanse and purify your skin.
- Glass bowl or pyrex jug
- Double boiler or pan
- Heat resistant spatula
- Sterilised jar with wide neck
- Make Up cleaning sponge or muslin cloth
- Add shea butter and coconut oil into a glass bowl and melt both the ingredients in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Once melted, add the desired essential oil into the bowl and mix the concoction gently to combine all the ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass jar or small container and leave it until it solidifies. You can let it cool in the fridge for quicker setting time.
To use your balm
- Take a small amount of the balm and warm up the product between your fingers.
- Apply it on your damp face and massage it in circular motions. You will instantly see your makeup melting away.
- Take a make up cleaning sponge or a damp muslin to gently wipe your face.
- If you have a lot of make up on then you can double cleanse.
If you love the idea of our cleansing balm but you are not interested in making one, check out these beautiful options you can buy and have it delivered straight to you hassle free!
Disclaimer: This information and content does not replace that advice of a dermatologist or medical advice. Please seek medical advice if you suspect that you have a dermal condition.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links come at no extra cost to you. These links allow us to share the products we authentically recommend (and use) and support our recipes by receiving a small commission.
I get a lot of my ingredients from Amazon and use Prime, which gives me free & speedy delivery on a lot of items plus access to Prime Video! A favourite in our house. Try Prime for free for 30 days by signing up here and avail of items that are delivered for free.