Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This handmade moisturising bar contains natural, nourishing ingredients. It will condition, soothe and protect your skin and is suitable for all skin types.
- 30g cocoa butter
- 30g organic beeswax
- 30ml sweet almond oil
- 5 drops vanilla essential oil
- this makes approx. 90g of the mixture, check you silicone mould for how many they each hold
- Silicone Moulds for soap small or large with do
- Pyrex jug or bowl
- Silicone heat proof spatulas
- Paper, glass jar or material to wrap and store teh pod sin
- Place your pyrex jug in a pan of hot water and bring to the boil, as you let it simmer place all of your ingredients into the jug.
- Starting with the wax, butter, sweet almond oil then vanilla oil.
- Let them melt and stir as they do. The smaller the particles the quicker they will melt.
- Once they have all melted, take the off the water and pour into your silicone moulds. Filling the moulds to the top.
- Leave to set for approx. 2 hours in a cool room.
- Once set, put away from the moulds edges and they will pop out.
- You can wrap they up to gift in paper, material or place in decorative jars.
Apply the bar directly to your skin and your body's warmth will melt the lotion. It can be used all over you body and you can put it on extra dry areas like you knees and elbows.
I love to rub on my feet and apply my cosy fluffy socks, leaving this on really softens any dry skin.
If you love the idea of this product,, but don't want to make it we have some recommendations for you. These moisturising bars were not easy to find, but I found a lot more shampoos & conditioning bars which are on the rise in popularity due to indie brands.
Ethique Saving Face Solid Face Serum to Promote Firm & Hydrated Skin with Cupuacu, Shea & Rosehip, Pomegranate Oils. Saving Face in two ways; either as a nutrient and hydration booster under your normal face cream or as your only moisturiser.
Bossy Glossy Natural, Moisturising Body Butter Bar. Body butter helps to naturally moisturise skin. It is perfect for relieving symptoms of eczema and other skin irritations, providing extra hydration to the skin without causing unnecessary clogging of pores, great for anyone suffering from acne or dried skin.
Disclaimer: This information and content does not replace that advice of a dermatologist or medical advice. Please seek medical advice if you suspect that you have a dermal condition.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links come at no extra cost to you. These links allow us to share the products we authentically recommend (and use) and support our recipes by receiving a small commission.
I get a lot of my ingredients from Amazon and use Prime, which gives me free & speedy delivery on a lot of items plus access to Prime Video! A favourite in our house. Try Prime for free for 30 days by signing up here and avail of items that are delivered for free.