This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a gorgeous cleanser for your face, everything that I have included in it is really good and gentle for your skin. I am a big fan of chamomile, a sometimes overlooked flower. It has huge benefits for your skin.
Just some of the benefits of chamomile are:
- Alleviates redness and irritation of your skin, because of its anti-inflammatory properties. With the use of chamomile, the inflamed skin is soothed, less red, and less irritated.
- Soothes sensitive skin,, as well as inflammatory conditions like rosacea.
- Relieves inflammation because of its anti-inflammatory properties which makes it amazing for sunburned and irritated skin.
- Anti aging, chamomile contains these nutrients are known to fight against harmful free radicals and speed up cell regeneration, which improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and scars
- Aids with fading of scars
- It is antibacterial, antifungal and acts as an antiseptic
Honey is one of the most eye opening natural ingredients for me. When I use organic and manuka honey it instantly gives me a glow. The glow lasts for about 2 days. The benefits of using honey for your skin is:
- Moisturises the skin deeply and this is the main reason that honey is often found as a base ingredient for almost every beauty product is because it deeply moisturises the skin from deep within.
- Acts as a pore cleanser because honey contains antioxidants, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties, it helps to rid your skin of blackheads by removing dirt from pores.
- It acts as a gentle exfoliator, by gently removing the dead skin cells.
- Lightens scars and reduces inflammation to help heal the skin faster. It minimizes any inflammation and helps heal the skin.
- Useful in sunburn, honey promotes healing by decreasing any inflammation and provides nutrition to the damaged tissues.
- Fights acne, given that honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that aids in not only in the removal of excess oil from the surface of the skin but also clearing out any blockages or clogged pores.
- Reverses age, the natural antioxidants present in Honey help control wrinkles and fine lines on the face.
- Adds a natural glow, Among the many uses of Honey, using it in your skincare gives you incredibly glowing skin.
- Hydrates the skin, as a natural humectant, it draws moisture into the skin from air.
- Helps Reduces Wrinkles
- 1/2 cup Castile soap (unscented is recommended)
- 1 3/4 cup of Filtered Water
- 2-3 tbsp Manuka Honey
- 8 tsp Sweet Almond Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Dried Chamomile Flowers
- 12 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 12 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 8 drops of Cold Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil
How To Make Honey Chamomile Face Wash:
- Infuse your almond oil with dried chamomile flowers. To do this, you have to create a double boiler, heat up the oil, then add the chamomile flowers. Allow it to infuse for a minimum of 30 minutes by keeping it simmering and stirring occasionally. If you can leave it longer then do. Let it cool.
- Strain the almond oil into a jar using a muslin or fine sieve.
- Add filtered water to the glass soap dispenser.
- If you add the Castile soap before the water, you’re going to have a bubbly mess on your hands.
- Add your soap and chamomile infused almond oil to the soap dispenser.
- It will look slightly separated, but that is okay.
- Screw the lid on and shake vigorously
- Add honey, rosehip oil, lavender essential oil, and melaleuca essential oil to the dispenser.
- Pour into the foaming dispenser, apply the lid, give it a good shake, and the face wash is done!
I get a lot of my ingredients from Amazon and use Prime, which gives me free & speedy delivery on a lot o items plus access to Prime Video! A favourite in our house. Try Prime for free for 30 days by signing up here and avail of items that are delivered for free.
Not a Maker?
If you love our ingredients, but are not interested in making our recipes then check our some products below that have beautiful ingredients in their formulations.
Repair your dry skin head-to-toe with this multipurpose salve made with our natural, locally sourced honey. If your hands, cuticles, lips, elbows, legs or feet need some TLC then this is your go to. Loaded with 132 nutrients, including amino acids, and antioxidants our balm protects and supports skin renewal for a healthy glow that mixes great with makeup.
This luxurious whipped body butter from Kiehls, made with Soy Milk and that glow giver Honey, with Shea Butter and Jojoba Butter it absorbs quickly to nurture and moisturise skin. With rich hydration, this body butter smoothes skin.
This cleanser is an indulgent make-up remover for the whole face. It gently and efficiently melts away make-up and impurities, leaving skin feeling clean, refreshed and pampered.
The butter gently melts away make-up and leaves skin feeling clean and petal-soft.
This camomile silky cleansing oil is a soft cleanser which will effortlessly remove make-up from the whole face quickly and effectively, leaving skin feeling clean, refreshed and clear of impurities. It’s the ultimate time-saver. It easily removes waterproof make-up and is go gentle it is even suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers.
Disclaimer: This information and content does not replace that advice of a dermatologist or medical advice. Please seek medical advice if you suspect that you have a dermal condition.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links come at no extra cost to you. These links allow us to share the products we authentically recommend (and use) and support our recipes by receiving a small commission.