This post may contain affiliate links
This mask is a beautiful attack on the senses. The warmth of chocolate coupled with the sweetness of the honey is something wonderful. This mask is really effective for giving you a glow up! The honey acts as a glow ingredient and the cacao is an anti aging superstar.
Adding lovely smelling chocolate goodness to skincare is a really treat, but it also has amazing skincare benefits:
- Help protect and repair skin from premature aging
- Protects skin from damage
- Improves skin's complexion by soothing redness
- Soothes blemishes
I tried out a Manuka Honey based face mask and wanted to explore more options. I have used regular organic honey before, not manuka and I really saw the benefits of using this on my face. My skin felt great afterward, it was soft and felt and looked glowy. Honey has long been used in skincare, it is a humectant, which means it absorbs moisture from the air, keeping the skin hydrated. Manuka skincare is great for anyone that:
- Has dry or sensitive skin
- Has acne or blemishes
- Has uneven skin tone
- Wants a deep skin clean
Manuka Honey has also become popular in alternative medicine to help healing and general health benefits. Some of the benefits of Manuka Honey are:
- Balance PH
Honey is a huge area and there are over 300 types of honey out there. I usually use organic and love manuka when it's available.
There are lots of clay options, but we've opted for Kaolin clay is what we are using here and they are gentle enough for every skin type.
Some of the benefits are:
- Gentle enough for all skin types
- Cleansing deep into your pores
- Gentle exfoliation
- Reduces oily skin
- Heals the skin and balances complexion
- Circulation boosting
Jojoba oil is listed as an optional ingredient, but with it's anti-aging benefits it's a shame to leave it out. Jojoba oil:
- Moisturizes dry skin
- Contains antibacterial properties
- Boosts skin's glow
- Fades fine lines and wrinkles
- Soothe eczema-prone skin
This makes face masks x 2
- Dissolve manuka honey into water, stir until the honey is properly dissolved.
- Add the jojoba oil and mix.
- Do not add too much water as it will make it too watery.
- Mix clay and cacao together.
- Mix powder into water/honey mixture, this mixture should give you a perfect consistency to apply to your skin without being too runny or thick.
Ensure that you are applying it to a cleansed skin.
How to use your glow mask:
- Apply evenly to face, with a mask brush for up to 20 minutes, you can bring it down your neck too.
- Wash and remove. Follow with your skincare routine, toner, serum and moisturiser.
Tips for applying and removing the mask
- Before applying any mask to your skin, always make sure to cleanse your face. I would apply this face with a face mask brush. Simply apply a medium layer to your face and upper neck.
- Leave on your skin for up to 20 minutes.
- Rinse from your skin with warm water and a make up cleaning sponge or a muslin.
- It was a bit sticky but not at all difficult to remove from the skin.
Not A Maker?
If you love the idea of the chocolate smelly loveliness of skincare and that glow you get from honey but you don't want to make your own? Well here are some of the best products out there, that give you glowing and nourished skin.
This is formulated with ultra-hydrating Cocoa Butter and conditioning Oatmeal, the mask gently exfoliates the dead skin cells on the surface of the complexion that can contribute to dullness and congestion. Your skin will be left feeling smooth, hydrated and utterly gorgeous.
Relax and unwind with this luscious face mask that leaves skin soothed and intensively hydrated. Manuka honey draws moisture to the skin, whilst helping keep skin super fresh and blemish-free. That is what gives us that amazing glow!
A creamy, moisturising and conditioning soap, with a divine smell, suitable for all skin types and a real treat for use for your hands too.
This beautiful healing soap has been developed for sensitive and skin problems. Healing Active Manuka Honey is healing, rejuvenating and is a natural moisturiser. Active Manuka Honey from New Zealand has been shown to have the highest levels of antibacterial activity.
I get a lot of my ingredients from Amazon and use Prime, which gives me free & speedy delivery on a lot o items plus access to Prime Video! A favourite in our house. Try Prime for free for 30 days by signing up here and avail of items that are delivered for free.
Disclaimer: This information and content does not replace that advice of a dermatologist or medical advice. Please seek medical advice if you suspect that you have a dermal condition.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links come at no extra cost to you. These links allow us to share the products we authentically recommend (and use) and support our recipes by receiving a small commission.